- What are cookies?
- Cookies used on our site
- How to delete cookies or control them
A cookie is a small amount of data, often including a unique identifier, sent to the browser of your computer or mobile phone (referred to here as a "device") from a website's computer. It is stored on your device's hard drive. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser's preferences allow it. To protect your privacy, your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, and not the cookies sent to you by other websites. Many websites do this whenever a user visits them to track online traffic flows.
On the Channel Digital website, our cookies record information about your online preferences so we can tailor the site to your interests. You can set your device’s preferences to accept all cookies, notify you when a cookie is issued, or not receive cookies at all. Selecting the last option means you will not receive certain personalised features, which may result in you being unable to take full advantage of all the website's features. Each browser is different, so please check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
Information supplied by cookies can help us analyse the profile of our visitors, which helps us provide you with a better user experience. For example, if on a previous visit you went to our marketing pages, we might find this out from your cookie and highlight marketing information on subsequent visits.
Third party cookies on our pages
Please note that during your visits to our website you may notice some cookies which are unrelated to us. When you visit a page with content embedded from, for example, YouTube or Flickr, you may be presented with cookies from these websites. We do not control the dissemination of these cookies. You should check the third party websites for more information about these.
- ShareThis, Quantcast and Gigya - social media share buttons that enable you to share our content
- Session cookie - this is a standard cookie just to remember user preferences (like font size and saves you logging in every time you visit)
- If you ever ask us to ‘Remember my ID’ to allow you to log on more easily, we’ll use a cookie to enable this functionality.
- We use Doubleclick cookies to:
- link our website and online application forms to measure the effectiveness of our digital marketing;
- contact customers who don’t complete an application they’ve started;
- to provide other services such as our branch locator; and
- to understand what you think about applying for new products or services using Online Banking and our Mobile app.
Third party websites
How you can control and delete cookies
Cookies help you get the most out of our website. You can however set up your browser to delete or refuse some or all of them, or to notify you when you are sent a cookie and therefore choose whether or not to accept it. You may also delete or refuse, some or all of the cookies, on our website at anytime.
For your convenience we’ve provided links to the cookie management page for the most popular web browsers:
More information about cookies