All practice partners were asked to reflect upon this phase of the project in order for us to have centre focuses to work further with and to implement in our research and policy paper. The students were therefore asked to work with a cooperative learning structure ensuring that everybody contributed in the reflections. Students were asked to do following:
- For this activity you need a large piece of paper
- The facilitator has to be strict on timing
- Students can use their own language and they can also draw or whatever experiences they like
Mission and Expression – Strong opinions:
- 10 minutes individual reflection and notes: Have you ever had a strong opinion that mattered very much to you and which others found inappropriate/far out/ forbidden? Have you ever found that somebody else had an opinion that should not be said out loud? Personal reflections to be written in own square
- 4 x 3 minutes – each pupil tells about her/his reflections
- 15 minutes discussion – what is good and what is bad about strong opinions? Group reflections and ideas to be written in centre square
- 5 minutes individual reflection: Could something be done to make it easier to ensure that everyone can air their opinion? Notes in own square
- 4 x 2 minutes – each pupil tells about his/her ideas
- 15 minutes of discussion and descriptions of one or more actions to be taken to ensure that everyone can express themselves about their mission.
Belonging and identity – experiences of categorization and labelling:
- 10 minutes individual reflection and notes: Think of one or more situations where someone in school was categorised or labelled? Did it matter for the individual?
- If so, how do think she/he felt? Personal reflections to be written in own square
- 4 x 3 minutes – each pupil tells about the situation they have chosen
- 15 minutes of discussion: What does it feel like to be put in a box or being labelled? When is it ok to do that and when is it not ok? Group reflections and ideas to be written in center square
- 5 minutes individual reflection: Could and should something be done? – by students? by teachers? Notes in own square
- 4 x 2 minutes – each pupil tells about his/her opinion
- 15 minutes of discussion and descriptions of one or more actions to be taken to ensure that categorization and labelling do not exclude students from ”the students community”.
We hope in that way to get access to the students’ reflections and ideas. If the activities carried out so far, have made an impression, we believe that they somehow will influence their thinking.